Share Internet from a Mac Notebook to your XBOX360!!
Current mood: accomplished
Sharing wireless internet from a Ibook/Mac notebook to your XBOX360
1. Turn on your Ibook and XBOX360
2. Make sure you have wireless Internet connection on your Ibook or Power Book
3. Go to system Preferences and choose Network
4. Choose Automatic on Location: Built-in Ethernet on Show:
5. Choose TCP/IP
6. On Configure IPv4 Click on the drop down and choose Off
7. On the DNS servers: Input 192.168.0.1 or what ever your routers ip is. Some routers use 192.168.1.1
8. Hit Apply.
Now by default your Mac Notebook issues an IP of 192.168.2.1 for your
Ethernet port, so we will stay on the same range and issue your XBOX360
the next Number of 192.168.2.2.
10. On your XBOX360 go to the system blade and go to Network Settings
11. Click Edit Settings
12. Click the IP pane
13. Choose Manual
14. Choose IP Address and enter 192.168.2.2Now go to the
15. For Subnet Mask Enter 255.255.255.0..
16. The Gateway will be the Mac’s Ether Net Port 192.168.2.1
17. Now go back twice and choose DNS settings
18. Choose Manual and enter 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1 depending on your router for both primary and secondary DNS.
19. Connect One Ethernet Cable AKA Patch Cable from your Mac notebook to your XBOX360(THE CABLE SHOULD NOT BE CROSSOVER)
20. Now go back to your Mac and System Preferences
21. Go into Sharing on the Internet and Network Pane.
22. Make sure that on the Services Button: Personal File Sharing and Windows Sharing is checked.
23. Make sure to start the file sharing on the right side.
24. Now go to the Internet Button and choose Airport on the Share your Connection
25. Click the Built-in Ethernet on the To computers using: section
26. Make sure to start the Internet Sharing.