We’re back on our regular podcasting schedule, which means we bring you Episode 12: Gerstmann’s Revenge on time and in classic GameHound form.
On this week’s episode, we rehash a few old topics, and some we’ve touched on before, and we clean up the last of the week’s gaming news, including:
- According to Rob Taylor, deputy editor of Xbox World 360 magazine and the first gaming writer who’s finished Grand Theft Auto IV, the game is not only as good as the hype, it’s better. Drooool.
- We’ve been linked by (I kid you not) IHeartMorganWebb.com. Of course we had to welcome them to the GameHounds fold and let them know that we still think power-jawed Mrs. Webb is a cum dumpster.
- Star Wars: The Force Unleashed will be unleashed to retailers on September 16 in the US and September 19 in Europe, and with last-gen exclusives. Why are we so excited about this game? Because it looks so damn good. But we hate the idea of having to buy every iteration just to get all the exclusives.
- Playstation Home open beta promised to open “very soon,” according to Sony. Does that mean sometime before next GDC?
- Josh Larson, the “suit” who fired Jeff Gerstmann from GameSpot, has been shown the door. Who would you rather be: The editor who stood up for his principles and left a corrupt site or the asshat who corrupted the site and then couldn’t do well enough to keep his job? Three cheers for Gerstmann’s Revenge!
- Sony discontinues the Sixaxis controller as it releases the new and “improved” DualShock 3 controller. Sony early adopters cry in their beers.
- Saints Row 2 coming to consoles on August 26. Ya think they cleaned up the bugs? Naaah, neither do we.
- New Call of Duty 4 maps hit Xbox Live. Xbox Live hits back with massive outtages, and a dubious silence from Redmond.
- Horror author Stephen King weighs in on the handwringing over video-game violence. Now we know why they pay him the big bucks. I loved your book, you magnificent son of a bitch.
- And a very special bloopers reel at the end. Figured you want to hear a little of what goes on behind the scenes before we start the show each week.
As always, remember to let your opinions be heard on our forums at PlatformNation.com.
Next week, we’re back to Saturday nights, so don’t get all damp about this one-off. We wish we could do it more, but until this becomes a paying gig, we gotta get some work done.