That is right everybody, the Wii is going to have a major release for its console this week. What is it you might ask, well it is an updated form of Nintendos best racing game out there, Mario Kart, entitled “Mario Kart Wii”.
What is up everybody, MrB4 here as usual to give you the latest news about what is going on in the gaming community. Today i would like to about one of the two major games coming out this week, Mario Kart Wii. The game will be releasing this Sunday (April 27th, 2008), it will be priced at $49.99, and it will also include a Wii steering wheel with it as well.
Let us get the features that this game has to offer out of the way first, shall we.
The game will feature:
* 16 new courses, as well 16 courses from previous games in the series
* Karts and Motorcycles to use in races
* An option to allow people to race with their created Mii characters
* 12 player Online multiplayer support, both for racing and battle modes
* New channel to Wii menu which allows you to compete in tournaments with other people, check worldwide rankings and online leaderboards, see when your friends are playing online, and the option to download ghost data.
* New trick system that rewards you with extra boosting ability each time you perform a trick
* Full compatibility with the Wii racing wheel
I would like to share my own opinion about this game right now if you do not mind. Personally, I have been a big fan of the Mario Kart series since it came out for the SNES, and I will definitely be picking up this version, not just for the steering wheel(although i am curious about how it controls), but also to see if the new features in this game really make it the best game in the series. Even though I do like to play some of the games from some of the big franchises that Nintendo has, I would like to see a decent third party title come out that would make people think that the Wii is not just a fad toy, but an actual console.
Now while i am on a role here, i have a question for you Nintendo Wii owners out there. And that question is, are you picking up this game, are you excited about it, or do you think Nintendo is just milking their first-party titles way too much, and it is about time that we get to see a decent third party game come out that grabs our attention(not our Wiis)? That is a decision that i will leave up to you.
Either way be sure to check out this game when it comes out this Sunday, April 27th.
Until next time gamers, this is MrB4 signing off
For more on the game, go to gamestop.com, they will give you all of the details that you need to know about it.