Back after a two-week break, we bring you GameHounds Episode 13: Contest-o-Rama.
Why a “contest-o-rama,” you ask? Well, that’s because we have two — count ‘em — TWO contests going on.
This is your opportunity to win some pretty damned fabulous swag. If we weren’t part of it, we would be all over this like a couple of pitbulls in a porkchop factory.
What could you win? How about a code for Rocketmen: Axis of Evil, courtesy of Platform Nation.
No? Then how about a limited-edition (as in only 500 made) GTA IV Xbox 360 Elite, and a whole host of other prizes, courtesy of All Games Radio and others.
In addition to outlining how you can win these fabulous prizes, we launch into gaming news of the past week, including:
- Blizzard tells legendary purveyor of crap Uwe Boll to go schtup yerself.
- Xbox Live goes down Monday morning for “Spring cleaning.” Is that what they call getting rid of all that leftover racial epithets and obscene mail?
- New York Times story laments how Wii owners aren’t buying games. Let’s face it, I guess the causal gamer is not the Holy Grail of Gaming after all.
- Developers Epic and Bethesda announce that neither Gears of War 2 nor Fallout 3, respectively, won’t have demos. Hey, if they make good product, we’re willing to wait.
- Metal Gear Online beta put on hold until April 25 due to massive global demand. Again, better to do it late and right than on-time and wrong.
- EA extends its buyout-acceptance deadline for Take Two and lowers its price for Take Two’s stock by about a quarter per share. Meanwhile, back at the ranch, the Federal Trade Commission wants to know more about this fishy deal, but EA isn’t talking. Oh, and Luke and Laura are lost on desert island and Cricket thinks she’s pregnant with Brad’s baby.
- Rockstar Social Club opens for pre-registration and cuts lose with a few tasty features of GTA IV’s in-game cel-phone not otherwise noted up to this point. Just makes us want it more.
- In other GTA IV news, a Playstation 3 GTA IV bundle has been announced for Europe for 299 GBP. No such love for the Yanks.
- Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe is koming to a konsole near you in Fall 2008. And k-k-k-Ken is k-k-k-koming to k-k-k-kill you (Thank you, John Cleese).
- Infinity Ward breaks all kinds of records with Call of Duty 4 and the new DLC maps. Nine million copies sold. One million downloads of the maps in nine days. I don’t think even they had any idea.
- Girl buys Xbox 360. Xbox 360 breaks. Girl sends Xbox 360 back for repairs. Microsoft keeps Xbox 360 and when she pleads to send it back, Microsoft calls her a thief. This would be funny if it weren’t true.
- Note to listeners: If your Xbox 360 gets RRODed and you keep it in a small, poorly ventilated area, please unplug it. Or else it could burn your house down.
- This week’s game releases: Something for every platform, but nothing good. Smells like a week before GTA IV.
- From the forums: Is the Wii Wheel worth it? Why can’t we get better Xbox Live friends-list organization and slots for more than 100 friends?
Don’t forget to get those GTA IV Elite and Rocketmen entries in by the deadlines. And you can check the forums for more info or to ask us questions for next week’s episode.