Another day, another bunch of gaming industry news. Today, we have betas, DLC, and numbers. Nothing really mindblowing, except for the Metal Gear Online beta, but certainly interesting enough to keep you reading.
- Metal Gear Online’s beta is finally live and available for Playstation 3 owners. There is a short update that’s reportedly very painless, but all territories have a chance to dabble in one of the most talked-about sequels this year. If you have a key and get in, go to the forums and let us know how it is!
- Lost Odyssey gets cheap DLC today for Xbox! For the teensy, weensy price of 200 MS points ($2.50) you get a Triple Bonus Pack. Of course, we here at GameHounds haven’t actually played LO, so we have no idea whether it’s actually worth the scratch.
- Army of Two fans also get a little DLC love. XBox 360 and Playstation 3 both offer a new “SSC Challenge” pack today. It will cost you 600 MS points or $7.50 on PSN.
- If you’re thinking you’re going to GameStop to pick up your copy of Grand Theft Auto IV on launch night, you might want to check out GameStops gigantic PDF from hell listing all the midnight-launch store locations.
- On the heels of Nintendo’s FY08 numbers yesterday, Microsoft released its Q3 earnings for its entertainment and devices division – and thus proves that gaming is one of the few recession-proof industries. While MS didn’t rake in the big bucks like Nintendo, it didn’t slack off completely. “Xbox platform and PC game revenue increased $418 million or 85% primarily as a result of increased Xbox 360 console sales, Xbox 360 video game sales, and Xbox Live revenue.