Mik from TheFanboys passed this info to me. Its news about the upcoming Guitar Hero, no not the crappy Aerosmith one, but the next one that will be a huge hit.
Guitar Hero 4 (PS3, 360, Wii, PS2)
– Create a song. Although these exclude vocals due to storage and possible copyright issues.
– You’ll be able to name your song as well as creating album art. After you’ve done all that you can upload it to GH Tunes where anyone can download it.
– You’ll be limited to 5 songs at first. But depending on the ratings you get you’ll possibly be able to upload 10 or more.
– The song sharing mode will be in the Wii and PS2 versions also, but GI says it’s unlikely that it’ll be as robust as the PS3 and 360 versions.
– Drums, bass, vocals guitar
– Create a rocker
– Create a guitar and drums
– All songs will be master tracks
– They don’t want to discuss specifics on track listing out of fear of being scooped by the competition. However they confirmed 4 bands: Van Halen, The Eagles, Linkin Park and Sublime.
– A new guitar designed by Red Octane that includes a new input mechanic that’ll “impact the way you play GH in the future”.
– GI saw see through notes while playing that Neversoft said was the new input mechanic and that they were trying to patent.
Yes you saw that correctly, Sublime, master tracks, creating your own music and many more amazing features.
Thanks neogaf for posting this.