Another weekend, another fabulous episode of GameHounds. This time with 100 percent more Hawkes.
First, let us apologize for the quality of the “Sing it Hawkes” segment. The ol’ Interwebs kinda got overloaded with the marvelous singing and started to get a little weird, and while we tried our best to “fix it in post,” the podcast gods would have none of that. It’s still mighty amusing, if not perfectly recorded.
This episode we rip through a host of topics in our effort to be tighter and give you more news and less ramble. Don’t get us wrong: There’s still a lot of classic moments, including how Grand Theft Auto is like your crazy ex-girlfriend.
Yeah, needless to say, this episode is EXPLICIT! Yes, Hawkes and Edie finally cast off the bindings of propriety and get back to their old let-it-all-hang-out selves.
Topics and links (which, if you’re a Fable-series fan, you’ll want to check out) after the jump.
Topics covered in Episode 18 include:
- Alone in the Dark 2 for PS3 is delayed, but seems to be on track for its June 24 release date for Xbox 360 and PC. No news of the new date for Playstation fans.
- Ninety-minute cut scenes for Metal Gear Solid 4? Really?!? We’d like to find out more, but reviewers and critics have been embargoed from talking about such things by Konami. We have choice words for that.
- Voice of Cole Train suggests possible November 16 release date for Gears of War 2. Yeah, that’s believable.
- In-game XMB for PS3 finally on its way. This is another step for Sony toward parity with Xbox 360.
- New Resident Evil 5 trailer now with less “racism.” Is this a reasonable response or pandering to the lowest common denominator?
- Soul Caliber 4 will have destructable clothes! At last, more porn games!
- Endwar launches private beta. Oh wewantitwewantitwewantit baaaad!
- Call of Duty 4 map pack comes to PC for free on June 5! Good for you, PC players. Sometimes it’s good to be last in line.
- Want to be immortalized in Fable 2? Send in a good photo and you could be made in-game art.
- Age of Conan beats out GTA IV sales in three European countries. My, don’t we have a short attention spaa… Hey, puppies!
- Ninja Gaiden 2 demo goes live in Japan. Rumor that it hits US next week.
- Europe now a bigger gaming market than the US and close to surpassing Asia. Damn you, stumbling dollar. Daaaamn yooou!
- Wal-mart has awesome deal for PS3 40GB. But wait, you might want to hold out for the MGS4 Bundle Pack coming June 12.
- Thanks to iHomer and DaveinWI for leaving comments on iTunes! Every little comment is deeply appreciated.
Enjoy. It’s the least you can do since Hawkes sang for you.