It’s a day late, but it’s not a dollar short.
Oh, no. This is GameHounds, and we aren’t afraid to talk about what we’ve played, what we think, and how much tail we got in college.
Confused? Well, there’s only one solution to that. Check out this week’s episode, wherein we cover the regular topics in the gaming industry and a few seriously weird and tequila-infused tangents. Let’s just say that Osama Bin Laden will be pissed.
Topics and links after the jump….
In this week’s episode, Edie and Hawkes discuss:
- Show the troops some love. Donate requested games to the Walter Reed Army Medical Hospital for injured Iraq War Veterans! Find the wishlist at Amazon or at this website. Do it now! Seriously. Do it!
- Qore announced for PS3. Are you ready to pay for your advertising? Before you pass judgement, Hawkes likes it, and Edie thinks E3 will contain — must contain — more information about how to make PSN more useful.
- Amazon crashes for two hours on Friday. Most mainstream news misses why: Bots trying to buy out the Metal Gear Solid 4 PS3 bundle pack.
- Rumor has it that Microsoft will announce the Blu-ray drive Xbox 360 console Monday morning at 9 a.m. Pacific time, one hour before the beginning of the Worldwide Developers Conference. Anyone for snipe hunting?
- Take Two says delay on Grand Theft Auto IV downloadable content is due to “profile balancing.” Strauss Zelnick says look for it between November 1, 2008 and January 31, 2009.
- Microsoft’s Robbie Bach says Xbox will make money this fiscal year. Which flavor of “make money” are we talking about?
- Rock Band 2 rumored to have a ship date of November 2008. November is shaping up pretty nicely, folks.
- Saints Row 2 looks really awesome. Who doesn’t want to spray sewage on pedestrians!?!
- The Florida Bar asks that Jack Thompson be disbarred for 10 years. Hang your heads, folks. Gaming politics is about to get a lot more boring.
- As it turns out, Afrika will be a photography game with a wildlife encyclopedia. You know, despite our love of mature games, this doesn’t look bad. Let’s just hope we see it sometime before E3 2010.
- Telltale Games delays Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Attractive People until July. In the world of gaming, that hardly counts.
- Edie quickly reviews Aces of the Galaxy for XBLA. Not bad, if you like that kind of thing.