Sorry this got to you on Monday rather than Sunday. When we finally finished editing this ultra-long episode, Edie was exhausted and needed sleep.
But there was quite a lot for Hawkes and Edie to talk about this week. And, with Hawkes now able to freely use his filthy mind and mouth with freedom, it felt like old times.
… good times.
This week, Edie and Hawkes catch up on the rest of gaming news, including lawsuits, Gears of War 2 info, a new Trek-flavored MMO, and beating the dead horse that is E3 2008.
Topics and links after the jump….
This week, Hawkes and Edie discuss:
- Good news and bad news for Gears of War 2, with info coming out of this week’s ComiCon in San Diego. The collector’s edition is a spendy $130, but some GoW2 achievements will be linked to your GoW1 achievements. Yay, player loyalty.
- Cryptic Studios issues a help-wanted ad. Unfortunately, in it they leaked (maybe unintentionally) an upcoming Star Trek MMO they’re working on. Bonk, bonk on the head!
- Are you a big enough Halo fan to make a pilgrimage to a Bungie fan fest? I guess Frank O’Connor is looking for something to say after Microsoft pulled the rug out from under Bungie’s big “countdown” annoucement.
- How do you kill that which has no life? Cut the attendance, close the main floor and call it E3 2008! Peter Moore says, after this year’s “soulless” event that E3 should be open to the public.
- Warhammer Online: Age of Reckoning is rumored to be dropping on September 23. Seriously? Isn’t our end-of-year gaming dance card already pretty full?
- The Itagaki v. Tecmo soap opera got a lot more interesting this week, with the release of secret audio tapes, documents, and the withdrawl of a gag-order. Kotaku’s coverage is pretty extensive, and you gotta check the program if you want to know the players.
- Thank yous to iTunes our commenters! If you haven’t already, don’t forget to do that!