Simon is back! Okay, so he didn’t get much of a tan down in Mexico, but he does return to the Humpdate ready to chat about the latest in gaming news.
In addition, he offers some insight into gaming south of the border. Let’s just say, if you wanna feel like a rock god, head south with your mediocre Rock Band skillz. We reguarly only think of the gaming world being Asia, North America and Europe. There are four additional continents out there (not to mention all the non-continental island nations) and gaming in those locals is VERY different than what we know.
Simon and Edie also discuss the latest in gaming news.
Topics and links after the jump…
In addition to se habla-ing el Bando con Rock, check out these items up for discussion:
- Electronic Arts’ CEO John Riccitiello admits that EA’s development department should have banked on the Wii and DS instead of the PS3 and Xbox 360, promises that you’ll see more such games in the future.
- Telltale Games (Sam and Max, Strong Bad’s Cool Game for Attractive People) announces its working on an episodic Wallace and Gromit game, Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures.
- Activition announces it’s dropping a host of Vivendi Games, including the nearly completed Ghostbusters: The Video Game, Tim Shaffer’s BrÃtal Legend, and the highly (cough) anticipated (cough, cough) 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand. Activision will retain the Spiro the Dragon, Ice Age, and Crash Bandicoot franchises, as well as Prototype and a new unnamed IP.
- The XBLA “Summer of Arcade” started today, with the first of five new games offered each week throughout August. Get Geometry Wars 2 today, followed by Braid, Bionic Commando: Rearmed, Galaga Legions, and Castle Crashers.
- If you’ve got the fever for the flavor of more Xbox 360 Pro, and you can’t wait until the new SKU with it’s hot, tight 60 GB hard drive glistening in the sun, you may want to drop by your local Target store. Looks like the retailer has once again broken a street date, as Joystiq readers report seeing them available in electronics-department cases in several locations.
- Playstation 3 owners have a new firmware update, version 2.42. No word on whether it will brick your system, but one thing’s for sure: No Playstation Life in this baby. Sorry.
- Today Sony launched its Greatest Hits lineup for the PS3. And hits they are. Warhawk, Resistance: Fall of Man, Call of Duty 3, Fight Night Round 3, Need for Speed: Carbonb, Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Vegas, Assassin’s Creed, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, and Ninja Gaiden Sigma are each available for $29.99. Nice!!