BIONIC COMMANDO® REARMED IS NOW AVAILABLE IN NORTH AMERICA ON PLAYSTATION®Network, Xbox LIVE® Arcade, and WINDOWS PC!
Capcom’s Classic Action Platformer Grapples It’s Way onto Next Generation Consoles and Windows PC
SAN MATEO, Calif. — August 13, 2008 — Capcom®, a leading worldwide developer and publisher of video games, today announced Bionic Commando® Rearmed, a makeover of the classic 8-bit game originally released 20 years ago, is now available for download in North America on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®Network, and PC. Bionic Commando Rearmed is rated Mature by the Entertainment Software Ratings Board (ESRB) and is available for 800 Microsoft Points, $9.99 on PLAYSTATION®Network, or $14.99 on PC.
Bionic Commando Rearmed sees a return of the intense 2D side-scrolling, shooting and grappling action from the beloved 1988 classic game, Bionic Commando® on the Nintendo Entertainment System®. Bionic Commando Rearmed brings the game into the next generation with stunning new visuals, new weapons, online rankings, a reworked musical score, and newly reworked stages.
Bionic Commando Rearmed also boasts a multitude of features including 2 player co-op, a frenetic multiplayer mode for up to 4 players and a series of over 50 devious challenge rooms to test your swinging skills. What’s more, each version of the game will feature unique content specific to that platform. The title will also provide cross-game bonus features, as completing parts of Bionic Commando Rearmed will unlock new content and provide secret insight into the characters and storyline behind the brand new next generation Bionic Commando.
• Classic Bionic Commando gameplay focused around the use of the bionic arm
• 2-player Co-op mode
• Local multiplayer matches for up to four players
• Total modern visual revamp, including dynamic shadows, particle effects and environmental damage
• Reworking of musical score
• Cross-game interoperability – complete specific parts of Bionic Commando Rearmed to unlock new content and hints for the Bionic Commando sequel
• Unique platform specific content for Xbox LIVE Arcade for Xbox 360 and PLAYSTATION®Network
• In-game art designed by one of Capcom’s most talented artists, Shinkiro
For more information, visit: www.bioniccommando.com