Liepzig is here! Leipzig is here!
And that means loads of news. This week Simon DI and Edie Sellers attempt to cover all the news that’s coming out of Germany. They fail, but at least they try.
They do hit some key annoucements, mostly concerning Sony’s plans for the future and release dates for Fallout 3, LittleBigPlanet and a host of anticipated titles.
But don’t think that Leipzig news is the only thing they cover. Xbox sales numbers and EA’s attempt to take over Take Two also make the headlines.
Check out links and topics after the jump…
This week, Edie and Simon discuss:
- LittleBigPlanet comes to Europe October 29 (Japan: October 30, and a week or so later from North Americans); Silent Hill: Homecoming coming to PC as a digital download from Steam, possibly delayed from September until November; Sony reveals Savage Moon coming to system (a “classic tower strategy game”), and Warhawk expansion details (Operation: Fallen Star) that include — you guessed it — jetpacks and 10 new battlefields. A free update will include trophies and two new game modes; and MK vs. DC Universe screenshots showing Green Lantern versus the Joker.
- EA abandons its quest to take over Take Two, but since the Federal Trade Commission okayed the deal, the two companies are now in talks for a friendly merger. Yeah, the lunchroom should be fun.
- Fallout 3 set to hit North America on October 28, Europe on November 31.
- Playstaton Home execs say they haven’t ruled out an adults-only area. Let the cybersex commence!
- Bioshock coming to PS3 October 21 for North America and October 24 for Europe. We love specifics almost as much as this game.
- Sony announces a $500 160GB PS3 bundle pack for North America with Uncharted: Drake’s Fortune, a voucher for Pain, and a Dualshock 3 controller. Yummy.
- Burnout: Paradise to be released as a downloadable title on the Playstation Network.
- Xbox outsells PS3 in Japan in early August, and then sells out completely due to Tales of Vesperia.