The GameHounds staff apologizes that the latest episode of Humpdate took an extra day to upload. The end of summer means new schedules, so they had to find the time between work and play.
This week, GamerEdie Sellers and Simon DI of Cyberpunks Gaming Podcast bask in the afterglow of PAX and round up all the news of the week, including price drops for the Xbox 360 in North America and Japan, how to get the Nariko Sackgirl for LittleBigPlanet, possible new Halo 3 achievements, and much more.
Details and links after the jump…
This week, Edie and Simon discuss:
- Xbox 360 price cuts are official as of September 5, with the Arcade droping to $199, the 60GB style going to $299 and the Elite slashed to $399. Japan seems even bigger drops in price.
- Nariko Sackgirl will be an exclusive pre-order bonus for LittleBigPlanet purchased through Best Buy. No word on the Kratos Sackboy or other pre-order goodies.
- Though not yet released, Spore is already available via Bittorrent, due to some jackass Aussies who sold the game early.
- Ascendantjustice.com forum watchers find a PAX screenshot listing 30 new Halo 3 achevements totalling an additional 350 gamerscore points.
- PSP-3000 will have a brighter screen, Playstation Store directly loaded to the handheld console, and an ability to bridge PSPs for multiplayer through the PS3 without internet. It will not, however, have shortened battery life, according to John Koller of Playstation Blog.
- LittleBigPlanet to have limited public beta sometime this month, or so says a developer of on the Playstation message boards.
- Guitar Hero: World Tour will not have a no-fail mode, nor will it allow bandmates to save a player.
- Winner of the Fable 2 Pub Games poetry contest revealed: Gratz to JT Homeslice.