As you all know, Xbox Live will be down for about 24 this coming Monday, Sept 24 in preparation of the New Xbox Experience.
Well like every time Xbox goes down, Microsoft has been nice enough to provide us with a list of what we can do in its downtime. They have some pretty good ideas up there, minus the fact they they forgot PlatformNation.com on idea #7.
Anyways I read another list today that I did find a little more humorous.
1. Sign up for the PlayStation Network and start playing a whole bunch of online games on a service that will not only be running on September 29, but will actually be f**king free
2. Read something that isn’t the unofficial strategy guide to Braid, because if you did a guide for that you’d be a complete twat
3. Head over to the Wii’s Mii Channel to search for inspiration and design ideas to use when creating your Avatars. After all, that’s what Microsoft did!
4. Go out and … well, that’s it really. Actually leave your house for once in your f**king life and learn some social skills. The kind of skills that might stop you being really creepy and/or hateful whenever you hear a female voice on Halo 3. The kind of skills that help you realize that calling a gay person a “faggot” is neither amusing nor clever
5. Catch up on your favorite Youtube videos that you didn’t spend imaginary Microsoft Monopoly money to rent. I suggest a Yu-Gi-Oh: The Abridged Series marathon for maximum funny
6. Open up MS Paint and start creating a better IT system. One that is not only reliable, but has the ability to be upgraded without needing to have a global shut down
7. Read the official Nintendo Web site to catch up on the latest features coming with the New Xbox Experience. Examining Nintendo’s present is like taking a glimpse at Microsoft’s future … except for the bit where Nintendo actually makes a shit-ton of money with its casual crap
8. No need to change number eight. Playing Viva Piñata is a good idea, because it’s a good idea. Just make sure to find and murder whoever thought Professor Pester was a fun gameplay addition
9. Play through the story-mode of the original Gears of War and be absolutely amazed that a story-mode exists. You never saw that there before, did you? Practice saying “naggers” into your Xbox headset because you heard it on South Park and it sounds a bit like a naughty word and THAT IS SO FUNNY WHEN YOU SAY IT!
10. Get some sun. You are going to spending be a LOT more time on the phone to Microsoft’s customer service once the New Xbox Experience launches
Thanks Destructoid for the great read.