These days, Humpdates are really like Mother Gump’s proverbial box of chocolates. How’s that for a metaphor?
You see, GamerEdie Sellers is the chocolate covering — she’s creamy, sweet and you’re not surprised it’s there.
This week, the mysterious filling is Marcus “Jazz” Corrin of 360Arcadians.
Between the two of them, you have a satisfying treat.
Edie and Jazz dish the gaming-industry dirt on the cusp of Tokyo Games Show’s first big keynotes.
Topics and links after the jump…
This week, Jazz and Edie discuss:
- Microsoft’s TGS keynote kicks off the night of the recording. What do we think we’ll hear?
- What you won’t hear this year, however, is about a price drop for the PS3. Sony reps say prices are staying right where they are this holiday season. And some industry analysts say that decision is retail suicide.
- Nintendo’s DSi games will be region-locked. Bummer. On the plus side, the new handheld will have more RAM than your regular DS Lite.
- Spore will have its first expansion November 18 and it will only cost $19.99. Great news. However, it’s Spore Cute & Creepy Parts Pack — not an expansion for the game, but for the Creature Creator.
- Left 4 Dead for the PS3? Not gonna happen this year.
- A Bioware/LucasArts game is indeed in the works, and we’ll find out big details on October 21.
- Activision finally lets us know how much Guitar Hero: World Tour will cost. Surprise! It ain’t cheap.
- Rock Band’s new website allows better access to the song library. Yawn. It will also allow you to make your band’s swag — including 6″ figurines of your virtual rock-star character. Awww, yeaaaaaah!!!