Finally, a GameHounds episode where almost nothing goes wrong.
GamerEdie and Cooper Hawkes return again to the podcast mics to bring you the wrap-up of the week in the gaming-news world. Let’s face it, it’s the end of the year; news is slow. That doesn’t mean Edie and Hawkes don’t find a lot to talk about. These two could chat up a fence post — and manage to make it walk away offended.
This week they discuss:
- Say goodbye to gaming legend Midway Games. With its recent purchase by what looks to be a corporate raider and looking down the business end of $240 million in corporate debt, stick a fork in it.
- Spike TV’s Video Game Awards is looking like must-watch viewing this year. Dammit.
- Xbox says Friendship is Free for December. In January, it will cost ya.
- Have you see this Kojima Productions website thing? Seriously. Weird.
- Random Shit: Lips mic to be Rock Band 2 compatable “soon;” Killzone 2 coming February 27-ish to North America-ish; Get reconditioned 20GB Xbox HDs from Circuit City cheap.