Yes, the long, long three-day wait is ovahh!
The new Humpdate is here and ready for your enjoyment and scorn. Because we aim to do both.
This week, Commander Tim returns for a more regular kind of Humpdate — one with 100 percent fewer stories about scars.
… and 100 percent more gaming news.
This week, Edie and Commander Tim discuss:
- The nasty economy hits Sony hard as it announces 8,000 job cuts from its electronics division. No word yet how it may, or may not, affect Playstations and PSPs.
- Fable 2 lead designer Richard Ham leaves Lionhead Studios for Splash Damage to work on a Syphon Filter-esque title.
- Factor 5 opens a can o’ whoop-ass on one of its artists reveals on his personal website that the developer hasn’t paid its employees for a month.
- Guitar Hero Arcade heading to movie theaters and corner bars near you.
- Resident Evil 5 viral site launches and proceeds to cause viral sites to jump the shark.
- Atari snaps up Cryptic Studios for $26.7 million.
- Time magazine lists its top 10 games of the year and proves once again that mainstream press is pretty clueless when it comes to video games.
- Data and Errata: Halo Wars coming to Japan on February 26, Europe, Africa and Middle East a day later, and North America on March 3; Sony launches yet another self-congratulatory news site; Playstation Home launch “imminent.”