Welcome to the first Humpdate of the new year.
Actually, this Humpdate is of many firsts: First with Commander Tim Wilsie as permanent host; first with the new explicit Humpdate format.
It’s chock-full of gaming news goodness.
This week, Tim and co-host Edie Sellers discuss:
- The biggest news in some time! Hearst Publishing, owners of UGO, buy 1UP from Ziff-Davis, kill EGM magazine, and fire all but a handful of employees. The end of an era, my friends
- Christoph Hartmann says he sees up to five more Bioshock sequels, but promises they’re not looking to “cash in” on the franchise. Cross his heart.
- Left 4 Dead for the Xbox 360 gets a patch to prevent cheating cheaters who cheat.
- PETA says Fable 2 is the most animal-friendly game of the year. Apparently kicking chickens and shooting bunnies doesn’t count.
- Midway delays half of debt payment by one month. It’s like watching an animal struggle in a trap.
- Killzone 2’s demo is exclusive to GameStop pre-order customers. As in, if you want to test it before it releases, be prepared to hand over five bucks. No really. Stop laughing.
- Random items, voice mail, and the usual fun and games.