By Jason Wadsworth
Today being St. Patrick’s day (time to pull those crazy emerald socks from the bottom of the drawer or that lime green tie from the back of the closet), it was only fitting that we pay homage to some of those video game characters that find themselves in a continual state of – to borrow a term from the musical Wicked – verdigris. Join us and recall some of gaming’s greenest after the jump.
- Luigi from The Mario Bros. – Green shirt green hat, ready to go.
- The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles – Green before being green was hip.
- Master Chief from the Halo series – Yes, camo green counts too!
- Jade form the Mortal Kombat series – She may not wear much, but what she does wear is green.
- Blanka from the Street Fighter series – He’s a mean, green, street-fighting machine.
- Link from the Legend of Zelda series – Even if it’s green, what is with that cap?
- Stubbs the Zombie – A diet of human flesh would make anyone a little green.
- Yoshi from Super Mario Brothers – Anyone else noticing a Nintendo trend here?
There are probably a ton more characters that aren’t mentioned here. Who is missing? Who is your favorite green game character?