By Jason Wadsworth
It was announced today on the Official Halo Wars Community Site blog that DLC will be coming to the game. This downloadable add-on sports the moniker “Strategic Options,” and will add three new game types to the multiplayer and skirmish modes as well as four new achievements for a total of 100 gamerscore.
The new modes will include:
- Keepaway – Here, teams compete to capture free roaming Forerunner Sentinel unit “flags” to score points and win the round
- Tug of War – In which teams are scored based on the accumulated units, buildings, and resources that are left over after the enemy has been defeated
- Reinforcements – In this mode, unit production is disabled and players will receive units in waves
The new achievements are:
- One and Done: Score the winning point in a game of Keepaway against Legendary A.I.’s
- Pull Hard, Pull Deep: Win and never trail in a Tug of War game
- Freak on a Streak: Gain at least 15 population from a single wave in a Reinforcement game
- Living Loving Bug: Obtain a Scarab during a Reinforcement game
No announcement has been made yet about when the DLC will be available, or how much it will cost.