By Jason Wadsworth
The annual geek-fest that is Comic-Con will take place next week in San Diego, and there will be plenty of giddy fanboys (and girls) of all kinds. Comic-Con is a gigantic expo where anyone can geek out on just about anything they can imagine in just about any medium they can get their hands on – book, TV, film, web, and yes…video games.
Click on to the full story to see what Comic-Con has in store for gamers.
There will be no shortage of games for this year’s Comic-Con-ers to see and try out, and even some new announcements will be made at the expo. Here’s what’s been confirmed so far:
- Sega will be on hand to show off several of it’s games, including Planet 51, Bayonetta, Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing, and a first look at Iron Man 2.
- Lucas Arts will also be at the show showing off Star Wars The Clone Wars: Republic Heros and LEGO Indiana Jones 2: The Adventure Continues. They have also teased that they will be making “several world exclusive announcements” at their Star Wars Spectacular keynote event.
- Capcom will be have a playable demo of Lost Planet 2 and will challenge teams of four players to defeat the giant salamander boss at the demo’s end and win a cute 18″ plushie version of that very boss as a sweet take-home.
This won’t be all the gaming goodness to check out at Comic-Con though. There’s a long list of publishers that will be in attendance, no doubt showing of their own titles as well.
- 2K Games
- Activision/ Blizzard
- Electronic Arts
- Hudson Entertainment
- Konami Digital Entertainment
- Namco Bandai Games America Inc
- NC Soft
- NIS America Inc/ Rosen Queen Company
- Rockstar Games
- Sega of America
- Sony Computer Entertainment America
- Sony Online Entertainment
- Square Enix Inc
- Telltale Games
- The Pokemon Company International, Inc.
- THQ, Inc.
If you’re going to be one of the lucky thousands at this year Comic-Con and you get a chance to check out some of the games, don’t forget to visit The Married Gamer forums and let us know what you thought.