A full Around the Pool Table that even includes a last minute Mobile Minute. Our man topic gives us the chance to drop our patented wisdom on Hollywood when it comes to Summer movies. We also play a record number of voicemails as our awesome community responds en mass.
Around the Pool Table:
– Words With Friends
– Playing NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits, Bust-A-Move Plus! and Wii Sports Resort on Wii
– Played The Godfather II, Fat Princess, and LittleBigPlanet on PS3
– Read Pastoralia by George Saunders
– Started “The Wire”
– Upgraded laptop to Windows 7
– Watched Season Finale of Burn Notice
– Played Battlefield 1943 with community
– Watched GI Joe – Oh my Gosh
– played some halo with the enemy
– fail blog on tv – you tube
– Played Overlord II
– Played Red Alert 3
– Watched The Hangover (2nd time)
TD Newscast (all sources are links):
– Just in case all of my ranting hadn’t convinced you that Microsoft doesn’t host XBL games… (via Kotaku)
– The Hangover Highest Grossing Rated R Comedy. Ever. (via Box Office Mojo)
Mr Matt’s Album of the Week:
– Manic Street Preachers – Everything Must Go
Main Topic – Why Is It So Hard to Make a Good Summer Movie?:
– Is it bad decisions made by marketing people?
– Is there simply enough money left over for good writers and directors?
– What can Hollywood do differently?
iTunes review from Hannibal493
10 Phone Calls!