Turn-10 Studios has released the entire car list for its upcoming third entry into its racing simulator franchise. As always, the list is robust, has great variety, and includes cars from various eras of racing. Instead of me listing 400 cars from 50 manufacturers, look for the car list here.
Also released was news that the initial piece of DLC for Forza 3 will be FREE. Oh wait, the catch. You have to purchase a brand-new copy of the game in order to get it. This is obviously combating the used game market, as it should. The list of goodies, provided by Xbox360Achievements.org, includes 2 tracks and 10 cars:
The 2 tracks included are:
- The Benchmark High Speed Ring which is best described as an old airfield and hangar converted into a race track and automotive playground. The track is characterized by 3.96 miles of rough surfaces and huge open areas, featuring a massive oval, an 8-lane drag strip, and an airplane hangar that players can drive (or drift) through.
- And, the returning circuit, Sidewinder Proving Grounds.
The 10 free cars are:
- ’65 Alfa Romeo Giulia Sprint GTA
- ’64 Aston Martin DB5 Vantage
- ’81 BMW M1
- ’60 Chevrolet Corvette
- ’69 Dodge Charger
- ’57 Ferrari 250 Testa Rossa
- ’80 Fiat 131 Abarth
- ’67 Lamborghini Miura P400
- ’71 Nissan Skyline 2000 GT-R
- ’65 Shelby Cobra Daytona Coupe
While I won’t be purchasing FM3 at launch, I’ll eventually pick it up once it makes it to the Platinum Hits line-ups. That’s not because I think that the game won’t be great, but because I have certain titles that I’m targeting with my funds. At any rate, if you are into racing games, then you owe it to yourself to pick up Forza Motorsport 3.