Around the Pool Table is always better with The Married Gamers and some strategic ingestion of alcoholic beverages. Catch up with all of us as we close out the year in style. Jonathan admits he sucks at predicting industry trends and points out that Sony may be betraying us all. The show is closed out with our reflections on the past decade and a look at what we are the most excited about next year.
Around the Pool Table:
– Went to Canada eh
– Watched Storm Chasers
– Finished Assassin’s Creed 2
– Finished Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
– Finished New Super Mario Bros. Wii
– Playing The Saboteur
– Playing Avatar
– Watched Inglourious Basterds
– Playing PSP Go
– Renewing my love for Android
– Playing MW2
– Playing L4D2
– Watched “Outsourced”
– Purchased iPhone 8GB
– watched Avatar in Tres-D
– watched Blind Side
_ Gears 2
-Playing Monkeys in Space (iPhone)
-Playing Surgeon Xmas Special (iPhone)
-Watched “Sherlock Holmes”
-Watched “Sing Off”
– Playing Ass Ass Creed II: Return of the short dagger, L4D2, Borderlands, Saboteur (GTA in France), Plants v. Zombies, dipped toe into Torchlight.
– Watching Lost from the beginning. 1/2 through season 1. Mad Men on Blu-Ray Season 2
– Watched Sherlock Holmes. Jude Law looks more and more like Phil Collins as his hairline recedes.
TD Newscast – Jonathan Was Wrong Edition (all sources are links):
– Left 4 Dead did not come out on PS3
– Gearbox not only didn’t close, they had a very successful new IP launch with Borderlands (via Joystiq).
– Sony considering charging for cross game chat (via Kotaku).
Mr Matt’s Album of the Week:
– Michael Bublé – Let it Snow
Main Topic: Review and Preview:
– Favorite entertainment product/event of the past decade
– Most anticipated entertainment product/event of the next decade (or… the next few months)