With TVs ready surround sounds blaring cold drinks in the fridge and snacks of every kind most of America Is ready for the Superbowl. With only a few short hours before the big game it is hard to clearly pick a winner. What if you could have a preview of the game before the actual kick off even went down? Well you are in luck for the past 7 years Electronic Arts has run a Superbowl Simulation. Results over the past 6 years have proven well for the simulation with 5 of the 6 teams actually winning.
- 2004 – Patriots 23, Panthers 20 (Actual Score: Patriots 32, Panthers 29)
- 2005 – Patriots 47, Eagles 31 (Actual score: Patriots 24, Eagles 21)
- 2006 – Steelers 24, Seahawks 19 (Actual score: Steelers 21, Seahawks 10)
- 2007 – Colts 38, Bears 27 (Actual score: Colts 29, Bears 17)
- 2008 – Patriots 38, Giants 30 (Actual score: Giants 17, Patriots 14)
- 2009 – Steelers 28, Cardinals 24 (Actual score: Steelers 27, Cardinals 23)
- 2010 – Saints 35, Colts 31 (Actual score: Saints TBD, Colts TBD)
Unfortunately the simulation doesn’t take into account injuries or fatigue or any of the conditions that could change the game. It will be interesting to see how close the EA Sports simulation is to the actual score. No matter which team comes out on top the game is sure to be a thrill to any football fan.