We have seen numerous patches since the release of Modern Warfare 2 and yesterday if you fired up your Xbox 360 version or your PS3 version of the game you where hit with an update. A lot of people have wondered what else needed to be patched on the game and for regular players they knew what some of these problems where, but if you play Modern Warfare 2 on a irregular basis as I do you may not know what needed patching, so here is the full list of what has been patched straight from the Infinity Ward Forums and brought to us by Fourzerotwo:
We’ve updated the PS3 & Xbox 360 version of Modern Warfare 2, including the following fixes:
– Care Package, Emergency Airdrop, and Sentry Gun marker grenades sprint speed normalized.
– Fix for “infinite care package” exploit.
– Sentry Guns: Improved placement detection, preventing cases of Sentry Guns inside geometry.
– Model 1887: Bling using Akimbo and FMJ combination now has same range and damage as non-Bling Model 1887s.
– Fixes to prevent various XP hacks (including the prevention of negative XP)
The forum post had this to say about the PS3 version “Note to PS3 Player: The PS3 still needs to receive one additional fix, regarding the infinite care package exploit – not included in this patch – which will come in the near future.” So if you you play Modern Warfare 2 on the PS3 look for the update to fix this problem.