When I first did a glance at this game I wasn’t too interested. Then I actually looked into it… I have to say I’m looking forward to seeing how it’s going to play and how the storyline will go. But, you should check it out yourself! NIER will be released on April 27th, 2010, but until then, you can check their website NIER, or view our screenshots and info below!
(Yes, it is going to be released on both PS3 and Xbox, I just posted a PS3 picture of it above…)
NIER is a unique “Action-RPG” for PlayStation 3 system and Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft, which represents the next epic story from the renowned RPG masters at Square Enix.
Developed by cavia Inc, NIER blends both innovative and traditional RPG game play mechanics with an intense, bloody combat system to create an action-packed single-player experience where players explore and discover a future lost to a shadowy past.
NIER delivers on Square Enix’s renowned pedigree for creating unique and twisting story-lines coupled with deep character development – a pedigree that has kept gamers around the world enraptured for decades.
In NIER, nothing is as it seems as players are kept guessing from beginning to end by elaborate plot-lines and cliff-hangers that reveal a complex reality hidden behind the illusion.
Players will jump into the title role of the unyielding Nier as he begins his desperate quest to discover a cure for his daughter, Yonah, who is stricken with the deadly Black Scrawl disease. Armed with a powerful set of magical abilities as well as mighty swords and armor, Nier will do battle alongside a set of formidable allies against waves of dark enemies and giant bosses to discover the truth about the disease, his daughter…and himself.
- The Next RPG from Square Enix: NIER, the newest franchise from RPG masters Square Enix, delivers unique and memorable characters, intense action-packed battles, explosive magic and storytelling like only Square Enix can.
- Unbelievable Story Twists and Reveals: Immerse in an amazingly intricate storyline set in a world plagued by human anguish, buried secrets and a ravaging disease. With plot twists hiding around every corner, NIER’s story needs to be seen to be believed.
- RPG Gameplay Injected With Action-Packed Combat: Battle ferocious and mysterious enemies by combining proven RPG-style gameplay, such as magic, character development and faithful allies, with action-focused explosive swordplay and combat.
- Powerful Magical Abilities: When his sword isn’t enough, Nier can call on a remarkable array of stylish and powerful spells to augment his combat moves and overcome adversaries. As players progress, upgraded spells will help defeat ever-more-deadly enemies.
- Brutal Combat Moves: Face off against evil creatures and unleash brutal combat moves along with devastating combo attacks. Unlock an arsenal of devastating weapons, each with its own design and attack style.
- Formidable Allies: Travel with a dynamic party of allies and do battle against monstrous giants as a powerful and united party.
- A Dynamic and Stunning World: Travel across an unforgettable world filled with dynamic landscapes featuring the hauntingly familiar remains of modern society.
It’s true… NIER is an intense Action-RPG game, but the adventure involves more than just hacking at Shades and casting powerful magic spells. Nier has a home and a daughter. He has a life to lead. Sometimes that involves a spot of fishing or some quiet time growing plants in his garden.
The Fishing and Cultivation gameplay in NIER adds moments of relief to the hectic pace of the epic adventure to save Nier’s daughter. And, with some work, these activities can also lead to completing upper level quests and making more money, money that can be used to purchase new and better weapons and other materials.
In addition, in a vast world like NIER, it can be tedious having to walk everywhere. That’s why Nier will obtain transportation options as the story progresses, including mountable Boars and boats. Below you will find some additional information to go along with the included Transportation screenshots.
Players will be able to participate in Cultivation in the garden just outside of Nier’s house. This ability becomes unlocked after progressing into the game.
There are a variety of seeds that Nier can plant in his garden, including flowers, vegetables, fruits, grains and more. In addition, there are rare seeds that are harder to obtain that will produce a special result, whether beneficial to Nier in battle or to complete a quest. Nier will find seeds as he explores the world, while others will fall from defeated enemies.
If the player provides proper care, they will harvest all kinds of materials, which can then be sold at stores throughout the world or given to a person in need. However, if he player forgets about their garden and leaves it unattended, the plantings will not survive.
Some more details:
- There are several jobs that require certain types of flowers, fruits, or vegetables to be delivered to a client; these can be bought at a store, but you’ll have to grow them if you’re poor!
- The rare seeds will let you grow rare plants.
- Sometimes people in the world will ask you to grow these for them as part of a quest
- Cultivating extremely rare items would certainly be an Achievement to be proud of