Collectible Card Game fans will no doubt be excited to learn that popular game, Yu-Gi-Oh! is headed to Xbox Live Arcade later this year. Yu-Gi-Oh! is a CCG that rivals Magic the Gathering and is especially popular with younger players thanks to the animated show being aired for a number of years. Even though the game seems a bit juvenile compared to the rules and followers of MtG, the game has a level of complexity that is surprisingly difficult to learn and even harder to master.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s comes to XBOX Live Arcade! Torn from the immensely popular animated series Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Live battle with cards that have appeared in the animated TV series against some of the most popular characters in a race to the Fortune Cup.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels allows players the ability to compete with up to 4 friends in tag duels or compete in single duel matches through 3 modes of play.
Rank matches allow players to compete against other XBLA players of the same rank, Quick match allows players to compete against anyone on XBLA and Custom match allows players to compete against their friends while completely customizing the rules.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels provides the ability for total customization of gameplay rules, the ability to purchase new decks, deck construction and recipes while offering the ability to text and voice chat with a players tag duel partner. Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s Decade Duels comes to XBLA for the first time ever!
- Complete with the most robust card offering and the opportunity to purchase additional card packs through XBOX Live Arcade Marketplace to expand your deck
- Includes cards from Classic Yu-Gi-Oh!, GX and 5D’s
- Complete against the most popular Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D’s characters during the finals
- Battle through Single player or compete in 4 player tag duels with text and voice chat ability
- Includes 3 modes of play:
- Rank Match- Compete against Yu-Gi-Oh! fans of the same rank and ability
- Quick Match- Jump right into the action and compete against any Yu-Gi-Oh! fan
- Custom Match- Battle your friends and completely customize the rules of play
- Complete with live leader boards to track your rank as well as your friends
Even with the price and date still to be set, I am excited to get my hands onto this title. If this game delivers the features that I was hoping for in the Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers, I will be spending a great deal of time with it. I just hope that the DLC cards come in packs and do not cost an arm and a leg, so that you get a better value to add cards to your arsenal. Be sure to keep your eyes peeled for an upcoming announcement for the release date and cost.