Confirming the rumours of a Marvel vs. Capcom 3 unveiling at Hawaii, Capcom seem to have revealed details on the new game. I’ve never played any games in the series, though I have enjoyed the Super Smash Bros. series a lot. All the revealed details are below, but no screens have yet been revealed by anyone, so stick with us and we’ll give them to you as soon as we have them. I promise.
• Confirmed characters so far are Wolverine, Spider-Man, The Hulk, Magneto, Storm and a few others will return.
• The Marvel vs. Capcom 3 development team said they will be blowing fans out of the water with the sheer number of characters this game includes on the disc.
• This will be another 2D fighter — gameplay-wise — but will be something of a cross between the original Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and Street Fighter 4.
• The rumoured release date is late 2010 or early 2011 on the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, no plans right now for other systems.
• The game will run in 1080p resolution.
• It will be a disc-based release.
• Apparently the game will have unlockables again.
• Marvel vs. Capcom 3 will be playable at this year’s E3 which is held on June 15 – 17th.