Bungie has posted details on the three editions of Halo Reach that will ship this fall. Just like Halo 3, there will be a standard edition, a Limited edition, and a Legendary edition.
The standard edition includes the game and manual and will run you the standard $60 price.
The Limited edition includes the game and manual plus:
- Game disc housed in recovered ONI ”black box”
- An exclusive in-game Elite armor set for use in multiplayer modes
- Artifact bag containing Dr. Halsey’s personal journal and other classified documents and effects that unravel long held secrets from the Halo Universe
The Limited edition will cost you $79.99.
The Legendary Edition includes all the stuff in the other editions plus:
- Noble Team statue expertly crafted by the artisans at McFarlane Toys. Individually molded, hand-painted and individually numbered, this statuette is a must have for any serious Halo fan
- UNSC-themed custom packaging
- An exclusive multiplayer Spartan armor effect
Going Legendary will make your wallet $149.99 lighter.
Personally, I like the statue more than I like the cat helmet edition of Halo 3. Thrifty gamers will probably be smart to wait on the Limited edition, since you can get the Halo 3 Legendary edition online for a fraction of the original price.