Combine the forces of rock band Linkin Park, game developer Artificial Life, Inc. and publisher Warner Bros. Records, and what do you get? An app for iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad — Linkin Park 8-Bit Rebellion! Players get to traverse six unique districts in the game, each level featuring the distinctive style of a band member. The ultimate goal is to retrieve the band’s stolen music track — “Blackbirds” (a song made exclusively for the game). The only way to unlock the song is to complete all missions inside the game.
Besides the song “Blackbirds,” the game features original and 8-bit remixes of Linkin Park tracks including “New Divide,” “One Step Closer,” “In The End,” “Crawling,” “QWERTY,” “Hands Held High,” “Faint,” and “No More Sorrow.” The launch of this app marks the first time Linkin Park’s music has been reinterpreted using old-school video game sounds.
Additional game features include:
- Personalization of players’ avatars and apartments provide a unique community experience
- Non-player characters (NPCs) inhabit the world, adding drama to the gaming experience
- Shopping for virtual items with coins awarded by winning fights and completing missions
- Earning trophies for adding friends to the rebellion
- A news feed to stay up-to-date with Linkin Park
- Facebook and Twitter integration connecting millions of social network users worldwide
The iPad app features include:
- Enhanced graphics to allow players to see their avatars and the six districts come to life in great detail
- Optimized user interface for the larger screen and makes menu items easy to access at all times: equip weapons and change music tracks without ever leaving the main screen.
- Multiple controls so gamers can choose between two control schemes to best fit their playing styles. The iPad-specific D-pad setup has been implemented for players more comfortable with button-oriented controls
For more details about Linkin Park 8-Bit Rebellion!, please visit: http://www.botme.com/linkinpark