Welcome to the first installment of trivia fun at Platform Nation! We hope that this weekly trivia contest will be a big hit. Each week, I’ll post a set of 5 – 10 trivia questions and ask for answers to be submitted in the comments. There are no prizes for being correct, other than bragging rights if you are the first person to answer correctly. If you are that person, feel free to gloat and mock your fellow Platform Nation readers as you reign in your superiority.
I’m always open to feedback or suggestions for a theme to base my trivia questions on for a particular week. If this grows to be a popular feature, there may be some small surprises sprinkled in occasionally.
So, without further ado…. I give you the first weekly trivia questions.
- What is the name of the AI construct contained in Master Chief’s armor?
- What is the sequence of controller inputs that has been dubbed the Konami Code?
- What was the name of the game and which system was it on that marked the first appearance of Yoshi?
- What game does this image come from?
- What are the names of the ghosts in Pac-Man?
- In which game might you chance being eaten by a grue if you are not careful?
- What was the name of the company that Cloud worked for in Final Fantasy VII?
- What was the name given to the ARG (Alternate Reality Game) that had the gaming community a buzz before Halo 2 was released?
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 introduced a sidekick for Sonic. What is his FULL name?
- The creative team behind Rock Band first entered the world of video games in 2001 with a rhythm game. Name the game and its 2003 sequel.
I hope that you had fun answering these questions and will check back each Tuesday for a new set of questions. Answers for set one will be posted on Friday May 14th by 12pm EDT.