Another pre-E3 game announcement has arrived, and this time we’ve been treated to Killzone 3. There have been a lot of rumours, and the magazine GamePro has revealed it along with some new screens.
The reader who has posted the information onto the Internet has said that the following information has been revealed in the article:
– Will show the Helghast have humanity left in them.
– Will have the feeling that “of being in a place far away from home, outnumbered by people who want to kill you.”
– Will be like Inglorious Basterds.
– All of the characters in the screenshots are flying in.. jetpacks?!
– Will include arctic levels.
– One mission in the game involves rescuing ISA Captain Narville.
– Game is playable in 3D!
– Have to wear 3D glasses, apparently the 3D effects are “crazy.”
– Combat is “unchanged from predecessor.”
– Or is it? Hand to hand combat involves you “Unloading a string of different (and often brutal) attacks on stunned enemies.”
– The scale is supposed to be “bigger this time.”
– The Jetpacks are “surprisingly lightweight and agile, Killzone 3‘s jetpack is easier to maneuver compared to the sluggish incarnations of the gadget found in other games.”
– New weapon called the Wasp, basically shoots a “flurry of rockets” at an enemy.
– Will show off the Helgjast culture.
– There is actually a Helghast language, which will be explored in the game.
Sounds good, apart from the 3D part- I was hoping that PS3 games would be just ‘available in 3D’ and wearing glasses for long periods of time might not be good for many users. Still, the visuals are looking good and I just want to see and hear more about it!
Cheers Easyle from GameSpot!