The “award-winning turn-based strategy game” has finally been released for the iPad. There is a version for the iPhone/iPod Touch but the iPad version is now in a higher resolution and takes full advantage of the real estate on the iPad’s screen. The game will retail for $4.99. Not a bad price seeing as most of the “HD” games for the iPad have been adopting the $10 price tag, you can click here to buy this on iTunes. You can check out the press release and screenshots below.
Worms HD App for iPad Now Available on App Store
High resolution edition for Apple iPad
London, UK- May 28th, 2010 – Team17 Software Ltd. today announced its Worms HD App for iPad is now available on App Store. Bringing a zany mix of iconic, crazy weapons and exhilarating action-strategy, this app will entertain for hours. The Worms HD App for iPad is a console-style edition of the award-winning series and features the classic weapons plus the infamous Holy Hand Grenade and Concrete Donkey. The app takes advantage of the innovative Multi-Touch user interface of iPad and sports high quality visuals and special effects.
The leap to the next generation of portable gaming is something Martyn Brown, Studio Head of Team 17, is happy to embrace. “Worms is perfectly suited to a casual platform such as iPad, and it’s quite possibly the best ‘hand held’ Worms experience to date. Features such as the ability to pass and play (with the screen flipping for the other player) hark back to the game’s social roots. We look forward to delivering more titles for what has quickly become a popular gaming platform.”
Features of the Worms HD App include:
• 50 challenges plus Body Count & Quick Play modes for the single player and up to 4-player hot-seat multiplayer support with random level creation.
• Authentic Worms action with crisp high definition (native 1024×768) visuals.
• 26 Weapons, tools and utilities including classic Worms weapons & iconic favorites such as the Holy Hand Grenade, Concrete Donkey, Sheep and Ninja Rope.
• Six great themes with thousands of randomly generated levels for unbelievable replay value.
• A range of 10 game-play modes offering a range of game styles from traditional, hard-core, explosive, faster paced or deeper strategy.
• Create and name your own Worms. Give them a range of wacky voices & gravestones.
• Unlock new voices and rewards as you play through the single player challenges.
• Utilises the devices’ innovative Multi-Touch user interface
• iPod music support lets users play music from their own library in game.
• Flip the screen! Great for coffee-table play given the support of the screen orientation feature.
• Save game status on quit. This feature automatically saves to the last turn if you exit the app and is great for longer battles and for saving your single player progress.
• Full language support for English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Dutch & Japanese.
The Worms HD App for iPad is available for £2.99 from the App Store on iPad or atwww.itunes.com/appstore
Worms HD App for iPad is Rated 9+ for the following: Frequent/Intense Cartoon or Fantasy/Violence
WORMS™, celebrating its 15th anniversary in 2010, is an award-winning, turn-based strategy game owned by Team17 Software Ltd. The title has appeared on over 20 gaming formats and has sold over 20 million copies (console & mobile) since its first release in 1995. With millions of players & fans, its irreverent mix of ludicrous action-strategy captivates and entertains audiences worldwide. WORMS™* , for App Store was the UK’s 3rd best selling games App of 2009 and spent a lengthy time as no.1 App in many regions of the World.
*Released July 2009
About Team17 Software Ltd.
Team17 Software Limited (Team 17), celebrates its 20th anniversary in 2010 and headquartered in West Yorkshire, England, is a leading independent developer and digital publishing company. Founded in 1990, the company develops and publishes interactive software worldwide for digital game systems, personal computers, wireless devices and the Internet. More information about Team17 products can be found at www.team17.com.