For the past five weeks, Platform Nation writers have been predicting what they think will happen at the 2010 E3 conference in Los Angeles, California beginning on June 14th. Before I get into my own predictions, lets quickly review what has already been predicted by other Platform Nation writers.
- Rockstar to release details on Agent and the next Grand Theft Auto
- Major release available exclusively by digital distribution. May be Fable III
- Sony to win back several platform exclusives
- Duke Nukem returns being released on a console
- Nintendo Goes into Details with 3DS, Shows Device in Action
- New Star Fox Game Announced
- Pikmin 3 Announced (Again), Gameplay and Details Shown
- Microsoft: Mass Effect 3 Announced
- Microsoft: Halo Reach Release Date Announced
- Microsoft: New Xbox 360 Capabilities Announced for Compatibility with Windows 7
- Sony: New Uncharted Announced
- Sony: Evolution of Home Announced (More Xbox Live-like)
- Sony: LittleBigPlanet 2 Confirmed for PSP
- Several high profile games supporting 3D
- At least one game from Nintendo will feature the Vitality Sensor as a pack in
- The 3DS will be shown off with a Mario launch title
- Natal price revealed – $99
- Xbox 360 Slim/Natal bundle – $399
- Sony Move will be $79
- Halo Reach release date will be September 7th
- Grand Theft Auto 5 will be announced as a Sony exclusive
- PSN will go paid
- Gears of War 1 and 2 will be bundled for the PS3 on one disc
- HD Wii announced with Wii Sports HD pack in
- External Blu-Ray drive coming to the Xbox 360
- Nintendo: Zelda Wii gets more details
- Nintendo: 3DS Details
- Nintendo: Pokemon Black and White Details
- Microsoft: More Natal info
- Microsoft: Gears of War 3 info
- Microsoft: 360 Slim
- Sony: Paid PSN subscription service
- Sony: More Move Minutia
- Sony: Mass Effect Exclusive
- Top 10 List : Wouldn’t it be nice if…
Microsoft will announce its entry into the portable gaming market blindsiding Nintendo, Sony and most of the gaming community. Rumored for years, the time has come. Microsoft has never met a market it didn’t want a share of and the portable gaming market is huge. Would you buy a Portable 360 to play your 360 games on the go? Damn right you would.
3D, 3D, 3D – With all the buzz about 3D, companies will look like they are behind the tech-curve if they don’t have something supporting 3D now or in the near future. Microsoft will announce forthcoming support of 3D, Sony will bolster it’s already released 3D upgrade by announcing more titles and some backward compatibility support. Nintendo will avoid the subject with the Wii and focus on the 3DS by announcing several new 3D games for it including The Sorcerers Apprentice by Disney Interactive.
The show stealer will be Valve. They will announce something completely off the radar. It will not be Half Life 3 or more info on Portal 2. This will be something completely new, or should I say very old. They went to the trouble to fake the name of their presentation – only releasing the info around the time most things would be going to print for the show (programs, schedules, etc.) Being masters of creating buzz, would it be so far fetched if they picked up the Duke Nukem’ franchise?
Soon all the 2010 predicting will be over and the announcements will commence. The industry will be left to make what it will of the vast amount of vague information released to them. We will get some answers, but we will most likely have more questions. So let the predictions for 2011 begin. I hear the Apple Gaming Console will be announced then.