A much anticipated patch for Red Dead Redemption was released by Rockstar Games this morning. The patch addresses several multi-player issues as well as integration problems with the Rockstar Social Club. Now the 100% progress tracker should update properly. A “Hardcore Free Roam” playlist has also been added to the game but will not be immediately available.
An automatic title update (version 1.02) is now available for Red Dead Redemption on the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3. You will be prompted to download the title update as soon as you sign into PSN or Xbox LIVE. The main issues fixed by the title update are as follows:
- Resolved various NAT incompatibility issues (Click here for tips on how to optimize your firewall settings)
- Improved connectivity to multiplayer for users with slower connections
- Improved reporting for Shootout and Gang Shootout games
- Fixed instance where Mo Van Barr would not appear as a bounty
- Fixed multiplayer titles not appearing for some users in the outfitter
- Fixed instance where lawmen stopped responding even though the player was wanted
- Fixed Issue with hogtied victims disappearing when ragdolled
- Fixed crash in Free Mode when cooking dynamite and going into the water
- Fixed audible glitch at the end of some cutscenes
- Fixed Solomon’s Folly Action Area not ending after posse leader teleports in late
- Corrected Social Club 100% Tracker so stats update properly
- Various multiplayer issues addressed including load screen hang-ups and UI glitches
- Eliminated miscellaneous game crashes
Additionally, this update includes support for a new playlist by popular demand, Hardcore Free Roam supporting only expert aim. This playlist will be released once this title update has time to propagate on both consoles. We will update this post with the word as soon as that playlist is confirmed as functional.