It’s the final show for Cooper Hawkes, but the first show after we’ve announced a new website.
So it’s a celebration and a sad goodbye. It’s also a really, really good show. Edie Sellers and Holy Goalie are joined by Hawkes one last time to talk up news of the week in gaming. There’s a lot to take in, and Hawkes is in unusually rare form — reminding us exactly why we’ll miss him.
- Microsoft unveils a “family plan” for XBL Gold accounts. Four for the price of two.
- Hulu Plus will launch for the Playstation 3 and the Xbox 360. For $9.99 a month, you’ll ostensibly be able to drop your cable service. Maybe.
- OnLive has debuted, and reviews aren’t bad.
- Xbox is holding a Live-a-Palooza wherein more than 200 Rock Band/Guitar Hero songs are discounted up to 50 percent. Get on it.
- Want to preorder a game? You might think about Amazon, since they’re giving Amazon credit for such things.
- Rumor: NBC is developing a television show about gaming. Meh.
- Sega Saturn titles to be heading to the Xbox Live Arcade — just like their Dreamcast bretheren.