You may remember me posting an article about the upcoming Ubisoft game, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, to be released later this month on PSN (August 10th) and Xbox Live (August 25th). This article is like that, but the sequel. Sorta.
Available for download on PlayStation®Network.
SCOTT PILGRIM is the ROCK-N-ROLL ACTION LOVE-STORY for the 8-BIT GENERATION. Scott Pilgrim is a loveable loser whose life is turned upside down when a mind-blowing delivery girl named Ramona Flowers starts popping up everywhere, even in his dreams. Could she be his true love? But the path to Ms. Flowers isn’t covered in rose petals. The League of Ramona’s Evil Exes stands in the way. To get the girl, Scott must not only defeat the seven evil exes, but also take responsibility and become a better person. SCOTT PILGRIM is about KISSES and KOs
PLAY AS OR PLAY WITH YOUR FAVORITE CHARACTERS
- -Fight as SCOTT PILGRIM, RAMONA FLOWERS, STEPHEN STILLS and KIM PINE or as one surprise character, each with their own signature moves and attacks.
- -Team up with up to 3 of your friends on the same console and combine your skills in over-the-top super CO-OP attacks for more devastation.
- -Not only can you help your friends by reviving their characters or sharing health and coins, but also compete with them in subspace mini-games to earn more experience, coins and lives.
- -Experience alternate game endings depending on the character you choose.
- -Summon for a limited time an AI ally – such as the deadly Knives Chau – to help you strike your enemies.
RELIVE SCOTT PILGRIM’S ADVENTURES IN AWESOME 8-BIT
- -Old-school graphic design with next-gen HD technology.
- -8-BIT retro-gaming animations by the world-famous Pixel Artist PAUL ROBERTSON.
- -More than 30 original music tracks by chiptune heroes ANAMANAGUCHI rock the game and can be unlocked and collected for later enjoyment.
- -Features exclusive retro cut scenes and art by Bryan Lee O’Maley, SCOTT PILGRIM creator.
- -Includes tons of references to new and old cult games.
FIGHT FOR LOVE AND BECOME THE BEST 23-YEAR-OLD EVER!
- -Defeat Ramona’s 7 ex-boyfriends and their weird hordes of hipsters, emos, paparazzi, aliens, flying piggy banks (yes, flying piggy banks!) and many many more.
- -Progress by earning trophies that will allow your character to level-up and learn numerous deadly fighting moves.
- -Earn coins during your journey and exchange them in one of 14 shops for food or snacks that increase your strength, speed, defense and will power.
- -Get each of your quests rewarded by spending quality time with the girl of Scott’s dreams – Ramona Flowers.
That’s the technical stuff. Now for the surprise you never saw coming! Ubisoft has a special deal for all of you PS3 owners out there. If you head on over to the Ubisoft website and pre-order Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, you can get a free Sex Bob-omb t-shirt for use in PlayStation Home. Alright, I know Home isn’t the system seller everyone — and by everyone I mean Sony — thought it would be, but still, free is free.
Not into it? Well, how about this? Enter the promo code 10THANKS at checkout and get $1 off of the game (plus the free tee is still there if you want it). With today’s economy, it’d be irresponsible of you not to take advantage of this deal.
Click here to load up at the Ubisoft store.