It’s Friday the 13th and for some people, a slight paranoia kicks in making them think that something bad is going to happen to them. How can you make this better? How about by watching a 72 hour gaming marathon and donating to Child’s Play.
What I’m referring to is an organization called 72 Hours Remain consisting of an indie developer, Daniel Frandsen and three friends playing games for 72 hours straight. Their goal: Raise money for Child’s Play Charity. Last year Daniel and three friends played for 72 hours straight and raised a reasonable total of $1500. This year their goal is to double the amount from last year and it all starts today. Well actually, it started early this morning at 6am EST and will go to August 16th at 6am EST. So far they have raised $313.50. Every time the donation increases, more hours are added. At this point, they will be playing 36 hours but with $14 more that will be bumped up to 48 hours and so on. For more information about the live stream and how to donate visit http://www.72hoursremain.com/
What you can do to help spread the word:
– Tweeting about the event. Our official twitter account is @72hoursremain.
– Mention the marathon on a podcast.
– Post about the marathon on a blog.
– Spread the word to others in the industry.
– Donate!! Every dollar makes a difference, as well as inspire others to do the same for a great cause.