Are you ready to jump around in front of your TV this holiday season training your virtual pet? Microsoft and Frontier Developments sure hope you are and these newly released images should give you an idea of what you will look like as you show your virtual pet how to perform those new tricks. Accompanying these screens was a press release with details explaining how Kinectimals actually has a story and an objective.
After reading these are you tempted to pick this up for your kids or are you even tempted for yourself?
- ”Nice to meet you.” Your journey begins when you adopt and name one of five playful friends – a lion, Royal Bengal Tiger, cheetah, leopard or jaguar. Discover the lush environments on the island you live on as you journey with your cub to unlock six more animals during the course of game play and solve the Legend of Felis Aurum..
- Create memories that last a lifetime. From the first time she recognizes her name to when she learns to fetch, your cub will grow up as your sidekick and friend, eager to discover the environment around you. Use your voice* and body to teach your pet new tricks, discover hidden secrets and build a bond that grows.
- The fun never ends. Train your pet to perform tricks such as fetch, play activities including jump rope, and even master agility courses with hops, stops and balancing acts.
- Get Competitive. Engage in challenges with your pet to earn Achievements and improve your Gamerscore, or team up and compete in multi-player contests with friends and family members and their pets to see who can score the highest. Plus, win cool rewards for your Xbox 360 Avatar.
- Collect and customize. Travel far and wide to collect up to 600 different treasures and toys. You can customize your pet and decorate your home, plus use the in-game store to shop for items to nurture and care for your new best friend.
- Grow your “Kinectimals” family. Collectible, limited-edition plush toys will be available online and at popular retail stores. Choose your new friend, scan the code with the Kinect sensor, then watch it come to life on the screen right before your eyes. With your very own plush pal you can keep your new friend with you even when you’re away from your Xbox 360.