StarCraft 2 players will be delighted to discover — or, then again, maybe not — that, come mid-September, Blizzard will be issuing patch 1.1 for the already best-selling RTS. This update will include new features, bug fixes, and balance changes.
Patch 1.1 will include support for NVIDIA’s 3D Vision tech and glasses, allowing a small fraction of players — those few who have actually invested in this technology — to experience StarCraft 2 in a whole new way. On top of that, you can also expect improvements to the game editor, as well as mod upgrades and bug fixes.
- Friendly units will no longer provide vision after they’ve been killed. Enemy units previously revealed in vision cannot be targeted.
- Reaper build time increased from 40 seconds to 45 seconds.
- Bunker build time increased from 30 seconds to 35 seconds.
- Siege Tank damage decreased from 50 to 35, +15 against armored.
- Siege Tank upgrades decreased from 5 to 3, +2 against armored.
- Battlecruiser damage against ground units decreased from 10 to 8.
- Ultralisk damage decreased from 15, +25 against Armored, to 15, +20 to armored.
- Ultralisk Ram attack is being removed.
Well, there you have it. You can read the rationale behind the changes in Blizzard’s Situation Report, but, depending on your feelings towards StarCraft 2, that justification may not hold much water with a lot of you.
Information comes via GiantBomb