You might have seen Platform Nation’s review of Worms Reloaded for the PC and wondered to yourself I would love to play Worms on my favorite console. Well look no further as Worms 2 Armageddon has been released for the PlayStation 3 via the PlayStation Network. The price of the game is set at $14.99 and will allow you to earn up to 27 trophies. Here is a little more about the game and be sure to check out the video after the jump.
Not content to rest on their laurels after a string of successful releases across multiple platforms this summer, Team17 are proud to announce the release of Worms™ 2 Armageddon to the PlayStation®Network across SCEA territories for the PlayStation®3 system.
Featuring an in-depth single-player Campaign Mode, Tutorials and Firing Ranges along with multi-player online and offline game modes, it is now even easier to jump in and get involved with the world of Worms™. Playable in full 1080p, this is Team17’s best looking Worms™ title yet and with full trophy support and customization options this is a Worms™ title that is guaranteed to last the test of time, in both a gameplay and a visual sense.
Martyn Brown, Business Development Director at Team17, says; “We’re delighted to finally bring Worms™ 2: Armageddon to PSN and we’re sure it’ll provide a huge hit with fans of the game, especially with the great new customisation options and the addition of some new and classic weaponry for this platform. We’ve taken time to really polish this edition and it looks fantastic in 1080p and as usual, provides endless hours of mayhem on or offline.”
- Up to 1080p resolution for amazing visuals and detail.
- Tons of voices and customisation options.
- Full online or offline multi-player for up to four players over a wealth of game modes – beginner, intermediate, pro, races, forts and crazy crates!
- Hilarious Sony endorsed hats for the Worms to wear out on the battlefield – Sackboy, Motorstorm, Lemmings, Helghast and Buzz hats are all available for unlocking!
- All new improved landscape generator for unlimited random level design
- Play standard or ranked games in a bid to scale the leaderboards.
- 27 Trophies to collect.
- Headset supported.
Worms™ 2: Armageddon can be purchased via the PlayStation®Network at the following price:
Worms™2: Armageddon carries the following age ratings:
- ESRB – E10+, Mild Cartoon Violence
Really aren’t sure if you want to lay out the $15 for the game? Be sure to check out the free trial available on the PSN.
PSN users can even play a free trial of Worms™ 2 Armageddon before unlocking the full game; a feature limited demo version comprised of a select few single-player Campaign levels and one offline multi-player game style. This is a great opportunity for the uninitiated to find out just why Worms™ games have been incredibly popular for over 15 years!