So did you take the plunge and grab up the newest addition to the PlayStation 3? If you did and you purchased all the accessories it set you back a few dollars as you already know, but what if you are still on the fence about the Move and are thinking about purchasing it for a loved one for Christmas or their birthday and you are wondering how much will this all set you back? Have no fear as I have compiled what you will need to get started and included the cost for some of the extra’s you may want.
First off is the PlayStation Move Bundle pack and this will set you back $99.99 and here is what it includes:
- PlayStation®Move motion controller (wireless)
- PlayStation®Eye camera
- Sports Champions™Blu-ray game
- PlayStation®Move game demos disc
Well that’s not bad, but there is more and you do not have to purchase these accessories I am about to list but let’s face it as gamers we tend to purchase all the accessories that are available.
Next up is the Navigation Controller you do not need this as you can use your DualShock 3 but let’s face it sure beats using your DualShock 3 controller and the price of the Navigation Controller is $29.99 still not a bad price because a DualShock 3 controller will set you back about $55.
- Key Features
Wireless control completely untethered from the PlayStation®Move motion controller.
- Intuitive navigation of in-game characters
- Easy and intuitive XMB™ menu navigation.
- Built-in rechargeable Li-ion battery
- Charge the controller and automatically pair with the PS3™ system via a USB cable
- Up to two motion controllers and two navigation controllers can be connected at once to the PS3™ system.
- Note- DUALSHOCK®3 wireless controller can be used in place of the navigation controller for all games that are compatible with the navigation controller
So how are you supposed to charge all these new peripherals that you just added to your gaming arsenal? Well you could use the cables provided and plug it into a usb port or you can purchase the Move Charging Station and that will set you back another $29.99.
- Charges any two PlayStation®Move controllers simultaneously
- Keeps your controllers fully charged, organized and ready for action.
- Plugs into any wall outlet or place conveniently in an entertainment center
So we are up to $159.97 thus far. But what do you mean you want an extra set of controllers so you can play with a family member or friend? If you want an extra Move Motion controller that will set you back $49.99 and don’t forget to throw in another Move Navigation Controller at $29.99 and if you want another Move Charging Station we are looking at another $29.99. So your grand total would be $269.94 (without tax of course).
So this brings me to my next point. Microsoft’s Kinect is set to sell for $149.99 and that is all you need to get your game on by yourself or with another person. So will the price sway you either way or is extra money worth it for the PlayStation Move.
PlayStation Move Description quotes available at PlayStation.com.
Prices quoted from BestBuy.com.
For even lower prices check out P*N’s Amazon.com Store.