Kalypso Media has announced a new RTS Elements of War and the game is scheduled for March 2011. Elements of War focuses on a conflict for the survival of humanity that ensues after a secret military weather control experiment sets in motion a near complete global collapse. This Real Time Strategy game takes the battlefield where armies manipulate the forces of nature to rain down destruction on their enemies to gain the tactical advantage by using hurricanes, tornadoes and earthquakes. Here are some of the features for you to take a look at and don’t forget to take a look at some of the screenshots after the jump.
Features of Elements of War –
- Three Diverse Factions – Battle in a near-future America as the “Ravens” (the U.S. military trying to protect the secret experiment), the “EEB” (a European coalition that invades to capture the nature-based weapons) and the “Patriots” (a paramilitary force, fighting for their country’s survival) collide
- Control the Weather, Control the World – Six weather-based weapons allow players to dominate and transform the battlefield with tornadoes, earthquakes, hurricanes and other elements of war, impacting supply lines, slowing troop movements and devastating the enemy
- A Visually Stunning Battlefield – A modern graphics engine beautifully renders highly detailed units, while realistic destruction physics create a believable theater of war
- Conventional and “What If” Weaponry – More than 40 realistic and fictional units and weapons from the American, Russian and European military arsenals
- Challenging Campaign, Massive Theater of War – Fight across a challenging 12 mission campaign, each massive map offering diverse tactical challenges
Elements of War is in development by Lesta Studios for the PC.