Rockstar has released a video for us that shows us the technology that is utilized in the making of L.A. Noire. MotionScan is the ground breaking performance technology that is shown in the video and who knew it took so many cameras just to make a video game. The video also contains some behind the scene commentaries from L.A. Noire’s developers Oliver Bao and Brendan McNamara. That’s not all the video contains it also features new gameplay and interview footage from several actors in the game, including Mad Men’s Aaron Staton (playing the role of the main protagonist, Cole Phelps).
Quick Facts About MotionScan
• MotionScan is a new performance capture technology and an alternative to traditional motion
• MotionScan utilizes 32 high-definition cameras that completely surround the actor and capture
the performance in 3D at 30 frames-per-second
• MotionScan is a technology provided by Depth Analysis, a sister company to Team Bondi and
part of a special partnership with Rockstar Games
• Every character in L.A. Noire uses MotionScan technology and over 400 actors were filmed
making the game
• L.A. Noire will be the first video game ever to utilize MotionScan technology
So checkout the video below and let us know what you think of the technology.