Tiger Woods PGA TOUR 12: The Masters was officially announced today and some box art was also released with the press release. The first thing that may catch your eye is the fact that Tigers face is nowhere to be seen on the cover. OK, EA Sports have kept his name in the title but cynics could say that this is simply the next step in phasing him out or maybe they have decided to play it safe in case 2011 is his year.
Back to the game, it will be released 29, March 2011 and this will be the first time that players can step onto Augusta National to take part in the Masters Tournament. The game will feature a career mode where you progress from amateur status up through the ranks until you are part of the PGA Tour. What else can you do in the game? Here are your facts and some screens, as well as the box art (can you spot Tiger?)
- Masters Moments – Play through memorable, historic moments as players try to measure up against some of the sport’s greatest legends.
- Tiger at the Masters – Relive each of Tiger’s four wins at the Masters by attempting to equal or beat his scores in each round of the Tournament.
- The Caddie Experience – Behind every great golfer is a trusted and reliable caddie. Players will have a caddie by their side on every swing, providing strategic advice, from shot selection to reading greens, helping them become a more successful golfer.
- The Closest Thing to Being There – For the first time ever, EA SPORTS™ utilized a new state-of-the art laser scanning technology at Augusta National Golf Club to laser scan every hole featured in the game. This will provide players with the most authentic digital representation of the Tournament and Par 3 courses. Every tree, every azalea and every undulation in every green was recreated down to the smallest detail.
- Broadcast Presentation – Feel the emotion of every swing as called by the all-new commentary team of Jim Nantz and David Feherty, who headline a completely revamped TV broadcast presentation package.
- Career Mode – The all-new career mode will closely mirror the journey of an amateur golfer’s rise through the ranks and chase the title of Masters champion.
- New Players – Over 20 professional golfers to choose from, including Zach Johnson (2007 Masters Champion) and Bubba Watson (2010 Ryder Cup – Team USA).
- Championship Courses – Take on the best of the best on sixteen of the world’s most celebrated courses, including Augusta National Golf Club, Royal Melbourne Golf Club (Australia), Atlanta Athletic Club, TPC San Antonio, St Andrews Links and Pebble Beach Golf Links.
[UPDATE] In a totally non-coincidential piece of news. EA Sports have released the box art of the PS3 Collectors Edition. Who is that up and coming golfer on the front?