You will have heard our very own Steve Artlip chatting (Lock and Load) about his experience with DC Universe Online (DCUO) beta on the PlayStation3 and some of the bugs he has experienced. I have been playing on the PC beta version since Christmas too and unfortunately my experience is a similar one to Steve and by that I mean it is just so buggy. We all hope that the key word was beta and that with todays official launch the final game is much smoother for our readers. We thought a few of you may want to jump right in now, so we are bringing you some facts and 25 screenshots to show you what awaits you once you finish the massive download.
Maybe the bugs Steve and I experienced were simply due to the beta status and the major ones will have been ironed out but that may be hopeful thinking. Despite the bugs, the potential of this game is huge and it is the first MMO that has grabbed my attention, and it comes with one of the best intro movies that I have watched in quite some time.
Please leave some comments to let us know about your experience with the final game if you put your superhero cape on today and jumped into the DC Universe.
Anyway, onto the facts and eye candy: (launch trailer)
- DCUO is and action focused superhero game in a fully realized 3D universe
- Players can experience the intensity of a 3D world created in the artistic vision of legendary comic-book artist Jim Lee
- DCUO uses a state of the art physics engine that turns the world into your weapon
- Players will be able to create their own custom hero or villain
- Players will embark on story-driven adventures penned by famous DC writers
- DCUO game play is optimized for PC and PS3
- DCUO’s depth spans the entire DC Universe