Ubisoft has announced the release date of the next installment of the IL-2 Sturmovik series. March 22nd is when you can expect IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover for PC in North America. Here is a little more about the game:
Join the Royal Air Force and Battle for Britain!
Fly into the pivotal aerial battle for the skies of Britain. As a member of the British RAF, face off against the deadly German Luftwaffe and the Italian air forces. IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is the next exciting World War II flight combat simulation title from 1C: Maddox Games, creators of the critically acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series.
The newest installment will add a lot of new features and here is a sampling of what to expect:
• New aircraft – Incredibly detailed true-to-life modeling of aircraft systems based on thousands of hours of dedicated research. Every single aircraft component can be damaged for realistic and immensely satisfying results.
– Flyable aircraft – Over a dozen famous and highly detailed English, German and Italian aircraft available, with all crew positions open to players. All flyable aircraft have been painstakingly researched, resulting in incredibly accurate cockpit interiors.
– Non-flyable aircraft – 13 additional AI-controlled aircraft are also available, created with the same attention to historical accuracy, for an even more varied and immersive combat environment.
• Immersive game modes:
– Exciting Single-Player Campaign – The campaign thrusts the player into the middle of the battle. The player will join the British Air Force to fight the German forces and renegade pilots on his own side.
– Massive multiplayer – Customizable modes range from simple deathmatch-style free-for-alls to epic, ongoing 128 player battles that can last hours, days, weeks, or even longer.
– Interactive training – Comprehensive interactive training for new players – fly a real WWII trainer plane with a computer controlled instructor through a series of training missions.
• Brand new setting – The battle will take place on a large area spanning London and southern England in the north, to Northern France and Belgium in the south. The huge map will contain thousands of historical cities, towns, roads, airfields, radar stations, ports, and industrial areas – all located exactly where they were in 1940.
• New 3D engine – Latest-gen graphics engine with DX10 and DX11 API support. Huge variety of photorealistic ground vehicles, buildings and other environmental elements recreate minute details of 1940s Europe.
• Customizable difficulty – Dozens of realism options allow newcomers to the franchise to reduce the difficulty and focus on the fun while learning the ropes of being a pilot.
One more thing before you check out the trailer. The game can be pre-ordered at UBIShop at the following link and if you pre-order the Standard Edition at UBIShop you will get a free digital version of Silent Hunter III. We all love a freebie so if this game is on your radar be sure to pre-order and cash in on a free game.