Get your calendar out, grab a magic marker and put a large circle around the 20th September as that is the day you can play Gears Of War 3. The best news is that it does not matter where in the world you live as it is a global release date.
Taking place 18 months after the events of Gear of War 2, Marcus, Baird, Dom and company continue their fight against the Locust and the new threat that is to be revealed during the single player campaign.
What else can you expect from Gears of War 3?
- An enthralling cinematic story that captivates players in an intimately intense action game
- Five-on-five multiplayer experience as well as four player campaign co-op experience
- New multiplayer game modes including ‘Beast Mode’ – offering a new twist to the game where you take on the role of the locust horde and their assorted variations!
- New maps including: Trenches which features an impressive sand storm that reduces your visibility, as well as Overpass, Mercy, Checkout, and Thrashball
- New weapons including: The Bayonet Charge, The Retro Lancer, The Sawed-off Shotgun, The OneShot – a heavy sniper rifle that shoots through shields or cover for a surprise one shot kill, The Incendiary Grenade, The Digger Launcher and a few subtle tweaks to old favourites Hammerburst and The Classic Lancer. Don’t forget that each weapon now has its own execution move!
- Stay tuned for more updates, and keep your eyes peeled for more news on the Official Multiplayer Public Beta coming soon!