If you picked up Test Drive Unlimited 2 and you have been experiencing some issues, then you are not alone. The TDU2 development team have not simply put their heads in the sand and ignored to issues, in fact they have listened to the fan feedback and have issued the following open letter to fans. In addition to apologising they have also offered some free DLC. The first DLC pack will now be free for everyone.
The patch is now available for PC users, while PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 players will have to wait until Sony and Microsoft approve the patch.
Let us know, did you experience problems and does this apology with free DLC make up for them?
To the TDU2 community,
Thank you for your continued support and feedback. Our community has been amazing and helped us quickly identify a number of issues, which we have made significant progress in addressing in the upcoming patches.
We really appreciate your patience in this matter and we would like to announce that we will be making the first premium DLC for the game free for everybody as a way of saying thank you.
The Exploration Pack contains new wrecks to be discovered that unlock the Lancia Stratos version Rallye and 1969 Dodge Charger.
We now have fixes for all of the following issues that have already gone live on PC and will follow shortly once patches are approved by Microsoft and Sony, respectively.
- Logging into the game has been improved
- Once into the game the online network experience is now much more stable in all areas
- Save games no longer corrupt
- Existing corrupted save games will be repaired in many cases
- Friends lists are now populated
- Invites now work correctly
- Clubs have been brought back online
- Exploits to gain money have been fixed
- Casino access has been improved
- Players will no longer lose money because of the Casino bug
The team spends a great deal of time looking at community feedback, so please keep posting your comments to the official TDU2 forums and we look forward to seeing you in Ibiza.
The TDU2 Development Team